This 1-bowl vegan peanut butter chocolate chip cookie recipe is the perfect solution to your emergency cookie craving. It doesn’t use margarine, hard-to-find ingredients or even fancy equipment.
Make cookies in 30 minutes or less with what is already in your pantry!
Enjoy the perfect balance of peanut butter and chocolate with the added crunch of roasted peanuts. These vegan cookies are the easiest cookie you will ever make, I promise!
This cookie recipe is the easiest vegan cookie recipe because:
- You only need 1 bowl to make it. No fancy equipment is needed and it makes minimal dishes!
- It does not use hard-to-find margarine.
- All the ingredients are already in your pantry
- No need to rest the dough
- You could have cookies in 30 minutes or less
📋 Ingredients + Variations
Here are some clarifications on some of the ingredients in this recipe and variations that you could play with.
- Oil - You can use any tip of light-tasting vegetable oil like canola, peanut or sunflower. Do not use olive oil or coconut oil because of their strong taste.
- Peanut butter - I used commercial smooth peanut butter but you can use well-stirred natural peanut butter or other nut butter like almond or hazelnut.
- Brown sugar - I used dark brown sugar for the cookies in the pictures but I usually use light brown sugar when making this recipe. This vegan cookie recipe will work with both types of brown sugar so use what you have on hand.
Variation: Replace some of the chocolate chips with crushed pretzels or potato chips!
👩🏻🍳 Top tip
You can reduce the amount of water by half in the recipe if you prefer thicker cookies.
The cookies will continue to cook once removed from the oven so it is better to slightly undercook them if you prefer softer cookies.
RELATED: If you are the type of PB fan that eats peanut butter straight from the jar with a spoon, the next recipe you make would be my PB and jelly cupcakes!
I told you you wouldn't need much equipment to make this recipe.
- 1 large bowl
- 1 whisk and 1 sturdy wooden spoon
- 2 baking trays
- small ice cream scoop, optional
I highly recommend you use a digital scale and weight measurements when following my recipes as it is more accurate. The only exception is with very small quantities where I recommend using teaspoons.
Once the peanut butter chocolate chip vegan cookies are completly cooled, store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week or freeze them for up to 8 months.
1-Bowl Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Vegan Cookies
- 100 g canola oil (⅓ cup+ 2 tablespoons)
- 80 g smooth peanut butter (⅓ cup)
- 60 g water (¼ cup)
- 8 g vanilla extract (2 teaspoons)
- 200 g brown sugar , light or dark (1 cup, lightly packed)
- 200 g all-purpose flour (1 ⅔ cup)
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 115 g semi-sweet chocolate chips (¾ cup)
- 45 g roasted and salted peanuts (⅓ cup)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (160°C) and line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients until smooth.
- Add all the dry ingredients at once and mix with a wooden spoon until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and peanuts.
- Divide the dough equally into 20 balls for large cookies or 30 balls for small cookies. Place the dough balls on the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Cook in the middle of your oven for 10 minutes for large cookies or 8 minutes for small cookies, or until the edge becomes slightly darker and the middle looks set. Do not overcook. Enjoy!
- This recipe makes 20 large cookies or 30 small cookies
- Use a heavily heaped small ice cream scoop for large cookies and a flush scoop for small cookies
- The cookies will continue to cook once removed from the oven so it is better to slightly undercook them if you prefer softer cookies.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask them in the comment sections and I'll do my best to answer them.
Did you try these vegan peanut butter chocolate chip cookies?
Don’t be shy and let me know how it went! Leave me a comment below and share a picture on Instagram! And most importantly, leave a rating to help me and let other people know how much you like this recipe!