Extremely bananalicious bread with some delicious cinnamon swirls and a crunchy sugary top! The perfect vegan loaf for that coffee shop experience at home.
Exactly like at the coffee shop
If you are tired of banana bread recipes that taste nothing like the one you can find in bakeries or cozy little cafés, well this is for you!
I’ve always been in love with banana bread but anytime I would make it at home it would never be banana-y enough or moist enough when compared to the delicacies I would get at coffee shops.
It’s only after I went to pastry school that I realized that 3 banana - what most “at home” recipes uses- is simply not enough to get a truly bananalicious baked good. But I can GUARANTY (in caps and in bold), that I can deliver the spongiest, most yummy vegan banana bread.
This banana bread is perfect since it is
- Super easy to make! This recipe is so easy that I have no tips and tricks for you since it’s so straightforward.
- Don’t need any special tools. 2 bowl and a whisk (or a sturdy wooden spoon) are all you need.
- Looks so good with the sliced banana and some fancy demerara sugar on top. You could also use maple flaked sugar or some mini chocolate chips instead.
For another comfort food loaf cake, try my delicious vegan bourbon pumpkin bread with cream cheese icing!
Vegan Cinnamon-Swirled Banana Bread
- 4 ripe bananas
- 125g (½ cup) plant-based milk , I use soy milk
- 4g (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 115g (½ cup) canola oil , or other light tasting vegetable oil
- 135g (⅔ cup) white granulated sugar
- 240g (2 cups) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- 30g (2 tbsp) vegan margarine , melted
- 18g (2 tbsp) ground cinnamon
- 52g (¼ cup) packed dark brown sugar
- 1 banana
- demerara sugar , to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350°F or 180°C
- In a large bowl, roughly mash the 4 bananas with a fork, leaving some 2 cm (1-inch) chunks behind.
- Add the oil, sugars, vanilla, and milk and mix until just incorporated.
- Sift together the dry ingredients, add to the bowl with the wet ingredients and mix until just incorporated. You should still see pieces of banana in the mixture.
- Mix together the melted margarine, sugar, and cinnamon until you have a thin paste.
- Grease a 26 x 7 cm (10.5 x 2.8 inch) loaf pan. Pour half the batter into the prepared pan and roughly smooth it out with a silicone spatula or spoon. Add half the cinnamon swirl mixture on top and swirl with the batter.
- Add the leftover batter on top of the cinnamon swirl and finish it off with the leftover cinnamon swirl. Swirl again and tap the loaf pan a couple of times on your work surface to release any air bubbles that might have been created in the swirling process.
- Cut the last banana in half and place on top of the banana bread, cut side up.
- Sprinkle demerara sugar on top of the batter that is uncovered by the banana.
- Place the banana bread the preheated oven and cook for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Leave to cool down in the pan for 15 minutes before releasing it form the pan.
- Leave to cool completely before slicing 1-inch slices. Enjoy!
- Any loaf pan with a capacity of 6 cups should work. If you loaf pans are smaller, do a half recipe or bake 2 smaller banana bread.
- Keep at room temperature for up to 3 days, in the fridge for up to 5 days, or wrap individually and freeze for up to 6 months
Did you try this banana recipe?
Don’t be shy and let me know how it went! Leave me a comment below and share a picture on Instagram !